cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pfrohling

Make a selection in a visual part of the default view of the report

HI all,

I am building a report and the data has several "disciplines". I have a Clustered Column chart on the page that has all the disciplines listed.

One of the disciplines is "Total". 

I am trying to find a way to have the "Total" discipline selected in the clustered column visual so that the other visuals are filters for "Total" discipline by default when the report is opened. I have published the report withth e selection in the visual but when I open the published report, the selection is not retained.

Current default view:

2021_10_21_06_41_58_EV_Dashboard_Construction_Power_BI_Desktop.png

Desired default view:

2021_10_21_06_43_45_EV_Dashboard_Construction_Power_BI_Desktop.png

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pfrohling , Save the file with filter(drill), publish the file, clear browser cache, open the report on power bi service and check. Check clear cache can help

New Power BI Features
Datamarts: https://youtu.be/8tskWsJTEpg
Field Parameters : https://youtu.be/lqF3Wa1FllE?t=70
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin !! Proud to be a Super User!
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
June 2022 update 768X460.jpg

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the June 2022 updates!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 23 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, June 30 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

June 20 episode 7 with aka link 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Join us on June 20 at 11 am PDT when Kim Manis shares the latest on Azure Synapse analytics, the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, and notable Power BI Updates from Microsoft Build 2022.

Top Solution Authors