Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KA95
Helper III
Helper III

Make a result visual count the % that are filtered interactively on a visual

Hi there, 

The question might be a bit confusing but it's just a simple enquiry, I have a visual like this below:

KA95_0-1655910943663.png

This displays a % of a grand total of userid count. And I also have a mini card visual in the top right corner that says a 100% with the exact same column applied too it (with % of grand total)

However, I want the top right card visual to show and add up %'s when multiple bars are clicked on the report, such as below:

KA95_1-1655911101153.png

As you can see, the first 3 bars have been highlighted (clicked on), but the top right % is still 100%, I want it to show the total % highlighted which would be 27.63%. I figured with both visuals sharing the exact same value, it would automatically do this but it isn't. 

How would this be possible? And is it possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KA95
Helper III
Helper III

Hi guys, figured it out. I needed to filter the other category on the visual for it to work, however, blanks were also filtered out so I made sure to filter it with > 1 (categories were numerical) 

% Match =
DIVIDE ( [User Count], CALCULATE ( [User Count], ( Candidates[ap_imd_decile] > 0 ) ) )

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KA95
Helper III
Helper III

Hi guys, figured it out. I needed to filter the other category on the visual for it to work, however, blanks were also filtered out so I made sure to filter it with > 1 (categories were numerical) 

% Match =
DIVIDE ( [User Count], CALCULATE ( [User Count], ( Candidates[ap_imd_decile] > 0 ) ) )
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi @Ashish_Mathur 

Thank you but unfortunately the file has too much confidential data and it would take a really long time to make a dummy file. Do you know of how to create a measure that can do this function that I request? 

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KA95 ,

Is the percentage value a measure?

If so you could create a new measure using SUMX() function and put it in the card visual.

Like:

SUMX(table,[percentage])

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jayw-msft 

Yes on both visuals the value's are measures, I've tried that very measure you made and it's not working, the %'s aren't the same as the %'s on the graphic. 

So if I use this measure 

% match = SUMX(LadderProccess, [User Count] / 1000)

I put in the / 1000 to lose the 0's on the %, but it's still not working properly as shown below:

KA95_0-1656365150148.png

Do you know why that is? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.