Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wainnoce
Helper II
Helper II

Make a Card Visual Start as blank

I am creating a lookup page report for our users. It will allow a user to type in a zip code and then show all of the correlating data points. I am using card visuals to display each data point for complexity reasons and UI cleanliness. However, before anything is typed in the cards will default to the first data point. I am wanting that to be displayed as blank to start and then when it is filter by zip code it will show the data. Any thoughts?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@wainnoce , Try isfiltered

if(isfiltered(Table[zip code]),max(Table[Zip Code]),blank())

https://powerpivotpro.com/2013/03/hasonevalue-vs-isfiltered-vs-hasonefilter/

This works for getting the correct zip code but how would I apply this to text fields when trying to find the correct name on a record with that zip code. 

Hi @wainnoce ,

First thing it will be nice if you can tag the person you are replying to in your response.

Your last response is not clear to me regarding the text fields.

Please explain your query in detail rather than us guessing.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11 My query pulls in all of our sales area data. The purpose of the report pictured above is when a new customer is showing interest into our business a sales manager could type in the zip code to get all the necessary data shown to them instantly. I obviously do not what there to be data showing instantly so I want all the tiles to be blank. The formuals sent thus far would work for showing a card blank for zip codes but I am not sure how to transalte that to text fields as the formula did not work when replacing it with other columns.

Hi @wainnoce ,

Can you share some sample data or how you are trying to write the measure for other text fields? I still don't understand the problem complete.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Capture2.PNG

@Pragati11 It is similar to this but the zip code column covers the entire United states. 

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @wainnoce ,

Try something as below:

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[Column1]),FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[Column1], Table1[Column1])," ")

In the above measure, replace Table1[Column1] with your zipcode column. Then move this above measure to your card visual.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Capture.PNG

I need to do this for all cards which are each different columns in the data set. I attempted to do this with the AR column and it made it blank but when I typed in a zip code it left it blank still. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.