Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make Buttons Dynamic as per options selected in Filters

Hello Everyone, 

I have a global level data where it is divided into different zones & have a few charts in each zone. One such chart is a line & clustered Column chart (here on will refer as CHART) . 

Filters available for entire page are: Country, Year, Account, Custom1 filter, State, Custom2(sku Id), Custom3 (Sku desc), Custom4(brand), Custom5(pack info), Custom6 ( In bold are filters which are country dependant & not all countries provide all these 6- key information) 

Note: These Page level filters are kept at Zone level so it has Max filters as per the Zone.

Now I need X number of CHART in different bookmarks as per the Country Selected.

Example: Country A- 3 key information provided

Country B- 5 key information provided

Now when I select Country A, I need 3 Buttons with respective key information CHART details & when Country B is selected from the top filters, need 5 Buttons with 5 CHARTS as per the respective keys. 

Would really appreciate if anyone couls share ideas on resolving such issues. Thank you in advance for understanding my problem statement. Please feel free t

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Don't know if I understand your needs correctly. When selecting a value in the slicer, I set the text color and outline color of the corresponding buttons to black, and the unfiltered buttons are set to the same white as the report page to hide.

I use the following measures, and set the color of buttons based on these measure.

Country_A = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Country]) = "A", "#000000", "#FFFFFF")
Country_B = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Country]) = "B", "#000000", "#FFFFFF")
Country_C = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Country]) = "C", "#000000", "#FFFFFF")

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Then associate these buttons with the corresponding bookmarks page, please refer to 

Dynamic Visuals using Buttons 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-Buttons/td-p/1172659 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for your response. It is not the solution I am looking for. Maybe I'll rephrase my question to you.

Suppose I have page level filters (10 of them) & let's say one is "Country" 

- Each Country provides some key level information like "Brand", "Account", "State", "SKU Id", "SKU Description" .....(these are among those 10 filter as well).

- Condition: Not all countries provide all the key information, some may have Brand/sku ID/ state (COUNTRY A) & likewise different permutation & combination for other countries.

Requirement: The report page has a "Line & Clustered Column chart" where only one key level of information is viewed: ex: I select COUNTRY A then I have 3 charts as per above example (Brand/sku ID/ state), these 3 charts are placed in each bookmark button for one of the key within the same page.

Now, when I switch to COUNTRY B & suppose it has 5 key level then, is there a way to create 5 bookmarks with 5 charts for each key level for Country B. This logic remains for all the different countries. 

Hope I was clear. I cannot share the images due to Client agreement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.