Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

benjammin
Frequent Visitor

Make ArcGis color ramp static based on maximum of most recent date

I'm creating a choropleth map by county using ArcGis maps with values that change per county on a day-to-day basis. When I alter dates or use the play button on the bottom of the map, it functions how I want it to. The color ramp stays static and I can see the gradient of the counties darken as values increase over time, for example:
> 1000
<0

I would like to add some cards in my visual that reflect changes as the dates change. I don't want to use tooltips because there is too much information and I think cards would look nicer. The cards don't update using the ArcGis slicer and when I try to use a built in slicer, it alters the color ramp. For example if today's color ramp were the above values, if I change the date slider to yesterday it will update with the following color ramp:
>500
<0

This changes the color gradient and makes it so you can't visualize change over time. The cards update correctly, but the visual is no longer meaningful. Is there a way to keep the color ramp static to the most current date maximum values?
3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @benjammin 

I have tested on my side, why " The cards don't update using the ArcGis slicer", it works well on my side.

Could you please share your sample pbix file for us have a test?

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft, thanks for the reply. Here is an example pbix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MZPGo78vgTSFGh_k_yEeX03QAkJzGf_G/view?usp=sharing. You can see that you can slide the ArcGis color ramp to change the date and the colors stay static, however if you use the built in Power BI date slider, the color ramp values change as you change the date. I would like the ramp to always stay static whether you are using the built in ArcGis slider or the Power BI slider. The reason for this is because I would like to have a Multi-row card that updates as you change dates and as you click on individual counties. 

hi  @benjammin 

time animation and color ramp are built-in feature in ArcGis, it seems that your requirement could not achieve in this report.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.