Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

papuzu
Helper II
Helper II

Maintain table size with filter

Hello there, 

how to mantain same table size when filtering on the table ? I would not scale down one of the two table when the other is filtered . Please see example below. When digiting one of the rows the other table (which is of same size) show up only the selected row. I would like to remain same size and bleach the other rows not part of selection

Thnks 

filter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @papuzu 

According to your description, I think the “Cross filter” type of interaction can perfectly meet your requirement, and you can just use the "Ctrl"+"c" to copy the table visual to maintain the table to the same size. Then you can turn on the “Edit interaction” option and select the interaction type to “Cross filter”:

v-robertq-msft_0-1623293699693.png

v-robertq-msft_1-1623293699696.png

More info about changing the interaction behavior

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

You must select the table:

Visual Formatting > Visualizations > Visual Object > Column Headings > Text > Wrap Text (turn off)

Ejemplo 2.jpg

Best regards

papuzu
Helper II
Helper II

@v-robertq-msft thanks for your reply 

the idea I had in mind was to respect the original size of both the table and then "highlight" the common selection without losing one of the two table size. 

What I was missing probably in the storyline is that both table originally has same size, then when you select one components of the two you shrink the other according to the filtered item.  It would be great if , looking at example I've posted, also the second column would get highlighted the row being selected on first table (and not hiding all other rows) rather then filtering as applied now 

Thanks for your time , 

Hi, @papuzu 

According to your requirement, it seems that the only way to achieve this is to close the interaction between the two visuals and select the same data for them respectively, like this:

vrobertqmsft_0-1624352234946.png

You can also go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_1-1624352234948.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @papuzu 

According to your description, I think the “Cross filter” type of interaction can perfectly meet your requirement, and you can just use the "Ctrl"+"c" to copy the table visual to maintain the table to the same size. Then you can turn on the “Edit interaction” option and select the interaction type to “Cross filter”:

v-robertq-msft_0-1623293699693.png

v-robertq-msft_1-1623293699696.png

More info about changing the interaction behavior

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.