Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

S_M
Helper III
Helper III

MYSQL error - out of available memory

Hi, 

For the past few days, i occasionally get the following error : 

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 4.57.52 PM.png

Would anyone have an idea what this is as i am unable to find anything around it.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @S_M,

Cause

MySQL service is used actively, which causes it to overuse the maximum available limits for process treads.

Resolution

For Ubuntu\Debian\Centos below 6:

Modify the '/etc/security/limits.conf' directly, and configure limits for MySQL as below:

mysql soft nproc 4096

For Centos 6 and above:

Create a file '/etc/security/limits.d/91-mysql.conf' and include the same configuration as described above. The additional files is needed to override the global limit specified in the'/etc/security/limits.d/90-nproc.conf' .

Based on research, this issue may occurs when your MySQL service is used actively, which causes it to overuse the maximum available limits for process treads. Could you try the solution above or restarting your MySQL service to see if it works? Smiley Happy

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

First question would be, are you running out of memory? And, are you using 32-bit or 64-bit ODBC driver?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler, not running out of memory at all, so this is odd - also i am using a 64-bit ODBC driver

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.