Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jvandyck
Helper IV
Helper IV

MTD and YTD

I have sales nrs for non continuous dates. For example sales person A sold 10 in 201712 and sales person B 100 in 201803.

My MTD needs to show by default 100 for sales person B and 0 for sales person A, assuming the current month is 201803. If I select month 201712, it needs to show 10 for sales person A and 0 for sales person B.

I have played around with a data dimension table and the MTDTOTAL function, but cannot get it working properly. Any help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I added a date table;

Date =
 ADDCOLUMNS (
CALENDAR (DATE(2017;1;1); DATE(year(today());12;31));
 "YYYYMM"; FORMAT ( [Date]; "YYYYMM" );
 "Year"; YEAR ( [Date] );"Month";format([Date];"MM")
 )

For the YYYYMM I added a column to calculate the current month: Month Selection = if(value('Date'[YYYYMM])=year(today())*100 + month(TODAY());"current month";'Date'[YYYYMM])

I joined my fact tables with the new table and used the following to calculate YTD: aantal_WN YTD = TOTALYTD(sum(Payroll[aantal_WN]);'Date'[Date])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jvandyck,

If you don't have a calculated column YearMonth, you could create it with this formula.

YearMonth = YEAR('Sale'[date])*100+MONTH('Sale'[date])

Then you could try to  create the measure below to get the MTD data. 

Measure =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Sale[YearMonth] ),
    SUM ( Sale[sales] ),
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Sale[sales] ),
        FILTER (
            ALL ( Sale ),
            YEAR ( 'Sale'[date] ) = YEAR ( TODAY () )
                && MONTH ( Sale[date] ) = MONTH ( TODAY () )
        )
    )
)

Hope it can help you!

In addition, you could refer to this similar post.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply. However this cannot work, because the check on hasonevalue is true for both sales persons, so it will show the value for each sales person in my example.

I added a date table;

Date =
 ADDCOLUMNS (
CALENDAR (DATE(2017;1;1); DATE(year(today());12;31));
 "YYYYMM"; FORMAT ( [Date]; "YYYYMM" );
 "Year"; YEAR ( [Date] );"Month";format([Date];"MM")
 )

For the YYYYMM I added a column to calculate the current month: Month Selection = if(value('Date'[YYYYMM])=year(today())*100 + month(TODAY());"current month";'Date'[YYYYMM])

I joined my fact tables with the new table and used the following to calculate YTD: aantal_WN YTD = TOTALYTD(sum(Payroll[aantal_WN]);'Date'[Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.