Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MTD YTD Calculation for Monthly Basis Data (Please Help URGENT)

Hi All,

Kindly need your help to solve my report Problem. Currently I am working with monthly basis data, so the data time is only by month not day/date. However, i need to show MTD and YTD data on the visualization.

1. Could you please help explain how to create the measure?

2. Can i use slicer with range for month but still show the MTD & YTD on the visual?

Below is the example of month data

Month

Urgent help is highly appreciated. Thank you

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Do you have a year also?

One way is create a date and use time intelligence

Date = date([year], [month],1)

With help from date table

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))

MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))

Other wise , create a separate table with Year and Month and create column YYYY MM

Year Month = [Year]*100 + [Month]

Month Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Month Start date],,ASC,Dense)

This Month = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Month Rank]=max('Date'[Month Rank])))
Last Month = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Month Rank]=max('Date'[Month Rank])-1))

YTD= CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year]) && 'Date'[Month] <= Max('Date'[Month]) ))
LYTD = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1 && 'Date'[Month] <= Max('Date'[Month])))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
niteshtrehan89
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Firman_Wijaya,

need to create a date table

date(year,month,1) 

or other way is creating a calculated column

column= "1/" & month & "/2020" and then change the datatype to date.

then calculate the YTD and MTD 

YTD= TotalYTD(sum(sales),column)

MTD=TotalMTD(sum(sales),column)

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Do you have a year also?

One way is create a date and use time intelligence

Date = date([year], [month],1)

With help from date table

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))

MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))

Other wise , create a separate table with Year and Month and create column YYYY MM

Year Month = [Year]*100 + [Month]

Month Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Month Start date],,ASC,Dense)

This Month = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Month Rank]=max('Date'[Month Rank])))
Last Month = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Month Rank]=max('Date'[Month Rank])-1))

YTD= CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year]) && 'Date'[Month] <= Max('Date'[Month]) ))
LYTD = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1 && 'Date'[Month] <= Max('Date'[Month])))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.