Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PaulineR
Advocate I
Advocate I

MS Word POWER BI Addon

Other than the Devscope Power BI addon which does not work the way I expected, Can Microsoft provide a POWER BI Add-on which allows us to insert or copy a particular visual into the word document? I'd like to copy paste a particular chart/graph from power BI web/desktop like we can copy graphs from Excel into Word. I tried to export the Power BI report into a powerpoint file but since we have over 15 pages in this PBI Report this was not allowed. 

Surely Microsoft can provide this integration between their own products?

I have been using Snagit to copy-paste visuals into a 60 page report, and it's very time consuming. I would appreciate a quicker way to get these visuals into a report.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would give this the 'thumbs up' 1000 times if i could

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I am trying to solve this with Tiles Pro but unfortunatelly it is not going good job. I am trying to incorporate single objects from our report by pining them to dashboard and than using Tiles Pro to export. While pining my visuals i use report formting options and on dashboar they look like on report, which is perfect. But when i tried to export them with Tiles Pro in Word when are getting dahsboard settings which is resulting in charts and tables i dont want and their supprot just ignore any mail they receive.

But if there is another solution i am really interested, i hit dead end on my side.

DevScopeHelp
Helper III
Helper III

Hello there,

I work for DevScope and believe our Power BI Tiles Pro add-on does exactly that. Was the add-on you were referring to the online one? Downloaded from Microsoft's App Source? That only allows you to embed real-time reports, but the desktop version lets you insert high-resolution pictures.

Let me know if I can help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Using the PowerBI Tile pro, is it possible to select a specific tile from a report/Dashboard and display it in your Word document?

Your product mentions regarding the PowerPoint but I am more interested in MS Word. Do you have some video to show a Tile getting refreshed in MS Word document?

Regards

JZ

Hi, jzaib.

You can add a tile report from a dashboard, but you can't add a specific visual from a report to your word document.

We don' have a specific video for Word, but the process is the exact same as the one in this tutorial for PowerPoint.

Feel free to ask any additional questions.

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PaulineR,

Submit this to the Ideas board so other users can vote on it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.