Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NeilCIT
Regular Visitor

MS Teams site has no Power BI workspace associated to it (that I can see)

Hi, I have created a PBI report in Desktop and want to publish it to a certain MS Teams team. I have added myself as an owner to the team, however I cannot see the associated workspace like I can all my other teams. (I am a user and a Global admin)

No one else in the same team can see the workspace either. Ive tried lots of how to's and guidance from various forums etc but still to no avail.

I have now resorted to PowerShell, and having listed all the workspaces in the org, it isn't listed there, there was an example to list migration status of any workspaces, when I ran the query against the GUID of the Team I get:

Get-PowerBIWorkspaceMigrationStatus : Operation returned an invalid status code 'Unauthorized'

Which makes me think it exists but there are no perms on it for me.

Is there anything I can do to try and resurrect this workspace (if it does exist) or create one and associate it with the team in question?

Thanks in advance

Neil

5 REPLIES 5
NeilCIT
Regular Visitor

yes I have a pro License. And I built the report. Im trying to publish that to a workspace that seemingly doesnt exist.

Hi @NeilCIT ,

Do you have the access to that workspace?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

As per my original message, it either doesn't exist, or I don't have access. I dont know how to find out if it does exist. No one in that team can see any workspace associated with that team.

Neil

Hi @NeilCIT ,

Can you sign in Power BI Service and check the workspace pane?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-workspaces 

Best Regards,

Jay

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NeilCIT ,

Do you have a Power BI license or permission to access the report/workspace on Power BI Service?

Best Regards,

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.