Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maynaje
Regular Visitor

MS Project "Priority" Field

How can I have Power BI Desktop display the project "Priority" field, which I set in the Project Information dialog box in an MS Project Online file?  It's a standard project-related field that should be automatically available when I "get" my MS Project Online data using the Power BI > Power BI Datasets option in Power BI Desktop.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @maynaje,

Based on your description, it seems that you have get data from MS Project Online in Power BI Service, but the "Priority" field cannot be displayed in Power BI Desktop when you get data with Power BI Datasets connector?

Could you see the "Priority" field in Power BI Service after getting data from  MS Project Online?

If it is convenient, please share some screenshots to describe your scenario in more detaisl.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Cherry.  I just realized that I didn't answer your question.  After importing the MS Project Online data into Power BI Desktop, I could not see the "priority" field.  Power BI Desktop pulls an "issue" and "risk" priority field, which we don't even use, but --- for some reason --- it does not pull the project's priority field.  I'm hoping you can work some magic for us ... or tell me how I can force Power BI to pull the project's priority field, which is pretty basic, fundamental information.  Thank you!

Thank you, Cherry.  Here are three screenshots.  The first screenshot is of the MS Project file's Project Information dialog box and its Priority field.  I desperately want this field to display when I pull the MS Project Online data into Power BI, but it does not.

Priority Field in Project Information Dialog Box.png

The second screenshot is of my Power BI Desktop Home tab.  As you can see, it will not let me "get data" or "enter data" again.  Because Power BI Desktop "gets" MS Project Online data via Power BI Online as a "live" data source, it will not let me get, enter, or import more data.

Power BI Home Tab - Available Project Fields & Commands.png

The third screenshot is of my Power BI Desktop Modeling tab.  As you can see, it will not let me create a "new table" or "new column."  If Power BI cannot make the MS Project file's Priority field available to me as a data field in Power BI, I'm thinking of researching if I can somehow create my own "measure," but it would be a clumsy attempt.  I'd rather have the data field pulled by Power BI and given to me automatically.

Power BI Modeling Tab - Available Project Fields & Commands.png 

Thank you for your help.  I hope you have a good day.

Jessie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors