Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raptor
Helper I
Helper I

MS Goals: Copy existing scorecard

Dear community,

The company I am working for currently has setup one scorecard which includes the targets of the current quarter.

For future purpose the departments need to create a new scorecard for each upcoming quarter. The steps / milestones will basically be the same just with different targets. Since there are arround 70 milestones included it will be a lot of work to manually re-create them.

Is there any possiblity of copying an already existing scorecard within MS Goals?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Carsten

11 REPLIES 11
mombergm

Hi, did you get a solution for your problem? I have the same request - to copy an existing scorecard

omelo
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Raptor, I need to copy a scorecard, did you find a solution?

Thank you

Raptor
Helper I
Helper I

@v-kelly-msft: Thanks for advice!

Unfortunately, after accessing the dataset of our existing scorecard (MS Goals) using the desktop client I am not able to see any tables within the "query editor" section and therefore I am not able to dublicate the dataset:

Raptor_0-1632131064996.png

Raptor_1-1632131120566.png

Hi  @Raptor ,

Click on "more options"(:)>choose "download the .pbix":

vkellymsft_0-1632303859411.png

Open it on premise then rename it and publish again.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my raeply as a solution!

Hi @v-kelly-msft:

Unfortunately, when trying to download the pbix-file from MS Goals I receive an error message:

Raptor_0-1632308860651.png

Raptor_1-1632308872513.png

I do have the propper administative priviledges within that premium workspace.

Hi  @Raptor ,

There are a few important considerations and limitations associated with downloading a .pbix file from the Power BI service.

• To download the file, you must have edit access to the report.
  • The report must have been created by using Power BI Desktop and published to the Power BI service, or the .pbix file must have been uploaded to the Power BI service.
  • Reports must be published or updated after November 23, 2016. Reports published earlier aren’t downloadable.
  • This feature won’t work with reports and content packs originally created in the Power BI service.
  • Always use the latest version of Power BI Desktop when you open downloaded files. Downloaded .pbix files might not open in non-current versions of Power BI Desktop. For example, you cannot open downloaded .pbix files using a Desktop version that does not support information protection.
  • If your administrator has turned off the ability to download data, this feature won’t be visible in the Power BI service.
  • Datasets with incremental refresh can’t be downloaded to a .pbix file.
  • Datasets enabled for large models 16 can’t be downloaded to a .pbix file.
  • Datasets modified by using the XMLA endpoint 4 can’t be downloaded to a .pbix file.
  • If you create a Power BI report based on a dataset in one workspace and publish to a different workspace, you and your users won’t be able to download it. The download feature is currently not supported in this scenario.

Or try to open the dataset in Power Bi desktop:

Home>"Get data">"datasets":

vkellymsft_0-1632361844395.png

Then save it using another name and publish to the same workspace.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

@v-kelly-msft: I think you did not understand my initial request / question since I am not talking about a simple MS Power BI report. I was referencing to MS Goals within the Power BI service. I guess Microsoft does not offer a solution to copy an already excisting scoreboard to a new one so far. Anyway, thanks for your replies!

Hi  @Raptor ,

Sorry I dont have a premium capacity to test Goals for you,but based on my understanding,when you create a scorecard,it will create a dataset.If so ,you could copy it following the common ways of how to copy dataset in power bi Service.

Best Regards,
Kelly

@v-kelly-msft: Unfortunately, the feature "MS Goals" does not work the same way as it does with standard MS Power BI reports. Anyway, thanks for you help! 🙂

Hi @Raptor,

OK,I see,sorry for not being able to help.😔

Best Regards,
Kelly

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raptor ,

Not sure whether there are some calculated columns or measure inside?If not,you may try to query editor>"duplicate"or "reference":

vkellymsft_0-1631254420300.png

vkellymsft_1-1631254436089.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my raeply as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.