Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BobKoenen
Helper IV
Helper IV

MRR Calculation Based on single line Subsciption data

Hi,

I am trying to create a montly MRR overview where a measure calculates the sum amount of the subscriptions which are active during that month. Preferable also incorporating half months. Sow where startdate or enddate of subscription is on the 15th of the month it is 0,5 of month. Can also be (15/daysinmonth)* Amount.  This is the data. 

NameStartdateenddateMonthly amount
Customer A1-1-202030-6-2020300
Customer A1-7-202031-12-2020500
Customer B1-1-202031-12-2020300
Customer C1-2-202015-10-2020650

New subscriptions are added eacht month.

I Am trying to figure something out where I create a list in the query editor from 1...12 with wich I could use as monthnum to check of a subscriptionline is active during that month, but how exactly?. Maybe it is also completely solvable in DAX.

Hope you can help me I am open to any ideas. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BobKoenen,

I'd like to suggest you to add an expand table to expand detail records of your table, then you can simply calculate the rolling total amount based on expanding the table.

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BobKoenen,

I'd like to suggest you to add an expand table to expand detail records of your table, then you can simply calculate the rolling total amount based on expanding the table.

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thankx! it works. A bit tricky when no months are selected but none the less thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.