Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
juanca Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MEASURE in the current row context

Hi everyone,

I need to create a visualization with a table that shows the substraction between 2 fields, both are coming from different tables of my model and the link between them is a "key" field.

Currently, the substraction is calculated in a third auxiliar table using the "key" field I mentioned before, and then just adding the result to the visualization.

I am wondering if there is a more smart way to do the same and I have worked in creating a MEASURE that could make the calculation in the context of the row, unfortunatly what I always get is the difference between totals.

To put it more graphical, I want YELLOW-RED in my last column:

duda.png

If you need some extra info do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks a lot in advandce for your help.

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: MEASURE in the current row context

@juanca

First Try:

Use Calculate:

DifBetween2Columns=Calculate(Sum('Table1'[Horas de JIra])) - Calculate('Sum'(Table2[horas de EAC]))

Lima - Peru
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@juanca

First Try:

Use Calculate:

DifBetween2Columns=Calculate(Sum('Table1'[Horas de JIra])) - Calculate('Sum'(Table2[horas de EAC]))

Lima - Peru
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

juanca Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for your fast and RIGHT answer!

I was obssesed trying to use CALCULATE with a filter argument but it is not necessary...

Jut to give something extra, DifBetween2Columns=Calculate(Sum('Table1'[Horas de JIra])- 'Sum'(Table2[horas de EAC])) seems to work same way and it avoids a CALCULATE formula...

Thanks again!

Kind regards

juanca Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Vvelarde

Making this calculation through a MEASURE is far more smart under my point of view but I have lost the possibility of creating a slicer or a visual filter from this field, I mean, I cannot use the MEASURE "DifBetween2Columns" as a filter.

Do you know how could I use this MEASURE as a filter?

Anyone replies to will be more than welcome as well.

Thanks again