Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NISHA_S
Resolver I
Resolver I

MAx value for a column

i have fact table with lots of data...I have claim value ,policy number ,policy expiry date , policy date like columns in the table.

i need to take max of claim value where file should be  latest file (have fike_master_ids in file_master tables )

and policy  date >'date' (date should be first day of the date based on the file upload date )..ie..if file is upload on feb ...

policy  date >'2/1/2022' 

and policy expiry date >='date' (date should be last day of the previous month+last year based on the file upload date )..ie..if file is upload on feb ...policy expiry date >='1/31/2021'...Based on these above condition i need to create a report

1)max of claim value....

2)for latest file uploaded....eg:if file is upload on feb

3)policy  date >'2/1/2022' 

4)policy expiry date >='1/31/2021

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NISHA_S 

usually information below is needed, could you provide it? Thanks.

(1) a sample file, you can replace raw data with bogus data to protect your privacy.

or provide some sample data that fully covers your issue/question.

(2) give your expected result based on the sample you provide. If calculation formula is involved, please provide it.

Kindly note: Please ensure the data in sample is concise and representative.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NISHA_S , Try measure like

measure =
var _max = maxx(all(Table), Table[upload date])
var _min = eomonth(_max,-12)
return
calculate(maxx(values(Table[policy number]),calculate(sum(Table[Claim Amount]))), filter(Table, Table[policy date] >= _max && Table[policy expiry date] >=_min))

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.