Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

MAX date depending on filter

MaxDate.png

The filter is all 2013-2015, but my MaxMonth shows the max month of data no matter the filter:

MaxMth = CALCULATE(MAX(PeriodDimension[periode]);ALL(PeriodDimension))

MaxMth is a measure I would like to use to switch between the Year and the YearByYear column. So depending on MaxMth I will use YearByYear or Year in an IF sentence.

5 REPLIES 5
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Bokazoit In the code used to create measure, remove ALL() part and so your measure will return dynamic value based on the selection on slicer.

MaxDate.png

Now I get this 😞

Hi @Bokazoit,

Does ankitpatira's solution worked? If his solution not work for you, can you share some detail information about this?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I need the measure to give me the max month of the period choosen by the filter. The first picture I added the max was the max of the month in period no matter what I choose in filter. The max suggested give me the max in each year, I need the measure to give me the max as in the last picture 2015-12-31 no matter the year.

What I want is to test for the maxmonth choosen in a slicer. Then if the month of max is in january or february I would want a column to calculate either yyyy/yyyy-1 (2016/2015) else it just shows the year.

Hi @Bokazoit,

According to your description, you want to get the max month of you choose in slicer right?(except the year part?)

Since I not very clear your requirement, can you provide some screenshots of your requirement?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.