Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sicilian Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MAX Date returns blank for some rows

Hi,

I have a basic measure to retrieve the MAX value for a date field, however, for some records it shows blank when the base date field has a value:

Capture.PNG

Latest Received Date = MAX(Table1[Received Date]).

I'm not sure what the issue is here. Has anyone seen something like this? The end goal is to calculate a date differential using this latest received date. The DAX requires a scalar value, so I'm using MAX to retrieve it.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: MAX Date returns blank for some rows

@Sicilian ,

Try adding a calculated column instead of measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Sicilian Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I forgot to mention that it is a Direct Query model so I can't use MAX in a calculated column. I also need to reference this single scalar value in a different DAX calculation. I've also tried SELECTEDVALUE and the result is the same; returns the same value as the base Received Date column for almost every record except the dates pictured above.

If I switch to import (Azure SQL), is daily the most frequent refresh that can be scheduled?

sphillips22 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Sicilian  Hi Sicilian -- is your requirement to find to MAX date for the entire received column, or the MAX date per row?

If you switch to import mode you can refresh up to 8 times per day using Pro BI Pro version.

Sicilian Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

We are using Power BI Premium, but in the data set options for scheduled refresh, the drop down only allows Daily/Weekly. Does this 8x per day limit mean it must be done manually intra-day?

Capture.PNG