Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MATRIX OF TOP CUSTOMERS AND TOP PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I am stucking with a requirement. Please help me. Thank you very much.

There is a sales table with some basic fields: Date, CustomerID, ProductID, Sales_Amount.

Now I need a table that show the YTD sales of top 10 customers and top 10 products (top 10 products of the whole company, not for these top 10 customers). The data also should be sorted from largest YTD sales to smallest YTD sales by both dimensions (customers and products).

And users can filter by year and month too. If they choose year only, the number is the amount of whole year; if they continue choosing a month, the sales is YTD sales.

The table example is as below:

| No.1 product | No.2 product | No.3 product | ...| No.10 product | Total

No.1 customer

No.2 customer

No.3 customer

No.10 customer 

Total

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Try using RANKX Function to add a measure and take advantage of Visual level filters.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-chuncz-msft,

I tried that also. I created the measures for customerID and productID as well. But it didnt work. I dont know what I am doing wrong.

First, I created the measure for YTD sales:

Totalsales = CALCULATE(SUM([Sales])

YTDsales = CALCULATE([Sales],DATESYTD([Date])

Then I created the RANKX measure:

rankcustomer = RANKX(ALL([customerID]),[YTDsales],,Desc)

rankproducts = RANKX(ALL([productID]),[YTDsales],,Desc)

Then I applied these measures to the matrix with filter that rankcustomer <= 10 & rankproducts <= 10. At first, it showed the top 10 customers and top 10 products as I want. But then I added [YTDsales] as the value of matrix, it didnt work anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.