Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ruserty
Regular Visitor

MATCH between 2 tables !!!Please!!!

Hello! I have 2 tables from Google Analytics and I want to match them to be able to filter data based on criteria from 2nd table. 

In the 1st table I have "Date", "Sessions", "Transactions", custom "Conversion Rate"

In the 2nd table I have "Date", "Sessions", "Source/Medium",  "OperatingSystem", "City", "Country"

Please tell me how do I match those 2 tables to be able to filter the 1st one by values of 2nd one correctly? Or I need some other parameter in them?

Thank you!

Screen.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ketan10
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @ruserty

You could  carry out the following steps:

1. Click on New Table under the Modeling tab
2.  Create a table name: CalendarTable = CALENDARAUTO(). This would give you a new unique date column in CalendarTable

3.  Go to the Relationships tab and create a one to many relationship between the CalendarTable and other two tables using the unique Date column under CalendarTable

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ketan !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ketan10
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @ruserty

You could  carry out the following steps:

1. Click on New Table under the Modeling tab
2.  Create a table name: CalendarTable = CALENDARAUTO(). This would give you a new unique date column in CalendarTable

3.  Go to the Relationships tab and create a one to many relationship between the CalendarTable and other two tables using the unique Date column under CalendarTable

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ketan !

Real Deal! Thanks a lot!

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ruserty,

You need to have a unique ID for each table and then add make a relationship between the two tables. I'm not used to treat Google Analytics information but you can probably use the combination of Date /  Sessions to make your Unique ID and then use it to make the connection between both tables.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thanks, I will try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.