Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAQ Forecast using neural networks

Hello I am triying to add a visual to my report where i need to predict the future values of a data set, I tried using the MAQ visuals Forecasting using neural networks and forecast using multiple models but when i load my data i get the error An exception of type Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreServiceCommon.ContainPIIException occured.

the details are:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2019-12-18T22:40:38.6311639Z

Local Time:
2019-12-18T16:40:38.6311639-06:00

Session ID:
d09fc20f-d6e1-4fd5-841f-ec9b989f95c3

Release:
November 2019

Product Version:
2.75.5649.961 (19.11) (x64)

Error Message:
An exception of type Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreServiceCommon.ContainPIIException occured.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreServiceCommon.ContainPIIException: ScriptVisualCommandFlow-GenerateVisualError ---> Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreServiceCommon.ScriptHandlerException: Para crear visualizaciones de R, deberá instalarlo localmente.
Vaya a Archivo > Opciones y configuración > Opciones > Script de R para obtener más información sobre la instalación de R. Si ya lo ha instalado, reinicie Power BI Desktop para continuar. ---> Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.R.Exceptions.RNotFoundException: R installation not found.
An R installation wasn’t found in this location. Please follow the instructions provided in the “How to install R” link to install R. If R is installed and this message persists, provide the installation path in the dialog.
en Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.R.RUtility.LocateRCoreRegKey()
en Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.R.RUtility.LocateRInstallation()
en Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.R.RScriptWrapper.GetRScriptExePath()
en Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.R.RScriptWrapper.RunScript(String originalScript, Int32 timeoutMs)
en Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.R.RScriptHandler.GenerateVisual(ScriptHandlerOptions options)

3 REPLIES 3
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous ,

We recommend you going through the installing packages document available on our GitHub page once and check if you have followed all the steps regarding setting up the environment for using an R visual. 

If you still face any issues, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com 

Thanks

@MAQSupport Hi, the github page linked above does not exist. Could you please share the new github link. I want to understand what is happening behind the scenes to be able to use this for my project.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous 

I have test on my side, it works well.

From your error, if you could try to uninstall and reinstall the power bi desktop and check that R packet is works well.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.