Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Qualube
Helper II
Helper II

MAPS

Hi

Not sure if anyone can help I have a customer list I have imported from an excel spreadsheet into a map in Desktop Power BI.

All the customers have appeared except those in EIRE (Southern Ireland) and New Zealand.

I have set the location to postcode as 99% of the customers are in the UK however I can't get these remaining small number to appear.

Is there a way of including them??

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Qualube,

Which map do you use in Power BI?

I have made a test with ArcGIS Maps for Power BI, which works as expected.

map.png

Please have a try with ArcGIS Maps for Power BI.

If you still need help, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry

Thanks so much for your reply I am using the standard map visualisation but using the postcode as the location value so the customers that are outside the UK which don't have postcodes aren't displayed.

The same happens with the ArcGIS map, I know why it's happening but not sure how to solve it.

Mick

Hi @Qualube,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, could you please share the solution or accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry

Not yet still looking for a solution, I can use Country then filter down but still can't get them all to show.

Thought I might try a seperate table to link the non postcode customers and try to set up an IF statement somewhere.

If I figure it out I will post the solution.

Thanks 

Hi @Qualube,

but using the postcode as the location value so the customers that are outside the UK which don't have postcodes aren't displayed.

If I understand your scenario correctly, you want to show the customers outside the UK which don't have postcodes?

If you don't have post codes,  you can’t locate it on the map.

As a workaround, you could set the default postcodes for the customer outside the UK which don't have postcodes, then it will show the default location on the map.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.