Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edavila
Helper II
Helper II

MAP showing wrong locations

Good Day

I have a problem with the map locations as I want to know where the product is been selling and this map is confusing CO " Colorado", with CO " Colombia" I don't know how to just filter to the USA or how to do it.

I even create a new column and concatenate the fields of city, state, and country

Country = [city] & ", " & [Ship to] & ", US"

but still doesn't work

thanks for trying to help

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @edavila,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @edavila,

When working with countries or regions, use the three-letter abbreviation to ensure that geocoding works properly in map visualizations. Do not use two-letter abbreviations, as some countries or regions may not be properly recognized.

If you only have two-letter abbreviations, check out this blog for steps on how to associate your two-letter country/region abbreviations with three-letter country/region abbreviations.

Quoted from: powerbi-desktop-shape-map.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
johncpratt
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've been fighting with similar issues for several weeks.  Try using "USA" as the country value.  "US" is the official country code but the map visuals didn't seem to like it.  Also, on the Modeling tab try setting the Data Category for the [city] column to "City" and "State or Province" for [Ship to]. 

And one more thing that proved critical for me - change the name of your calculated column from "Country" to "Location".  If you get that to work, then try changing the name to something more specific like "ShipToLocation".  This really was an issue for me until I got all the pieces lined up.  "Location" would render and any other name would not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.