cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rixmcx59 Helper III
Helper III

M query filter returning different results when replacing hull value

Hello all, I am working with Azure data, some of the resources are not tagged, however they are in a group that does have a tag in Azure. the filter below is not getting all the nulls, I modified the ReplaceValues step like so to assign the tag

#"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(data,"", each if [Resource Group] = "PROD-One1-RG" then "{ "Account Code": "18BCP00006", "Cost Center": "157", "Customer ID": "CDT", "Project": "SHAR", "Project Name": "Shared production resource", "Rate Code": "K701"}" else "{ ""TagInfo"": ""N/A"" }" ,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Tags"})

If I use the Replace values step without modifying it, I get a higher number of null records, about 1500 records.

My plan is to use a similar filter for the rest of the untagged resources. 8 more groups to be exact.

Is there a better way of doing this?

I have the Unique ResourceNames and Tags in a table, I just don't know how to call it up.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
rixmcx59 Helper III
Helper III

Re: M query filter returning different results when replacing hull value

Nevermind, found the problem, the ResourceGroupName has a lower case and upper case version.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
rixmcx59 Helper III
Helper III

Re: M query filter returning different results when replacing hull value

Nevermind, found the problem, the ResourceGroupName has a lower case and upper case version.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors