Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TatyDo
Helper III
Helper III

M Query If Statement for Dates and time

Hallo Everone,

I need help to transform the folowing situation into M query. 

I hava the folowing situation, where I need to distinguish my DB in two stagges. where the condition of "Morning" , "Evening" and "night"changes over time. 

data that are before 04.02.2018 then if time is between 10:00 and 12:00 then "Morning" and between 12:00 and 18:00 is "Evening" later is "Night" and the data after 04.02.2018 then if time is between 09:00 and 11:00 then "Morning" and between 11:00 and 17:00 is "Evening" later is "Night"

I want to do it directly in the Query so using M language , I am not looking for a measure.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TatyDo , Try a new column in M-like. As I was not sure on month so, change as per need

if DateTime.Date([Date]) <#date(2018,02,04)
if DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(10,0,0) and DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(12,0,0) then "Morning" else
if DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(12,0,0) and DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(18,0,0) then "Evening" else "Night"
else
if DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(9,0,0) and DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(11,0,0) then "Morning" else
if DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(11,0,0) and DateTime.Time([Date]) >= #time(17,0,0) then "Evening" else "Night"

Thank you so much!, I needed to change some <> signs to fit and add then but it worked great 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.