Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BobbyTables
Frequent Visitor

LuciaCache - What is this?

What is LuciaCache in the context of PowerBI Desktop? And can I delete the contents in that folder? It is not the normal cache which can be cleared from within PowerBI Desktop.

Lucia_Cache

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BobbyTables,

I got response from PG:

"This is for caching the index for fast look up of terms that is used for Q&A experience. If the customer is not interested in Q&A. They can opt out and we don’t create the index on the disk. "

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BobbyTables,

Based on my test, it has no impact on existing PBIX file or Power BI Desktop when I delete the LuciaCache folder from my computer. Regarding to that what is the LuciaCache used for, I will consult internally and post back once I get any information.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft: Thanks for the test! My LuciaCache folder tends to be quite big, hence the question. Looking forward to hear what the LuciaCache is (mainly pure curiosity 🙂 ).

@BobbyTables,

I got response from PG:

"This is for caching the index for fast look up of terms that is used for Q&A experience. If the customer is not interested in Q&A. They can opt out and we don’t create the index on the disk. "

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Hi, is it safe to say that we can delete BOTH LuciaIndex and LuciaCache? Thanks.

@v-yuezhe-msft: Perfect, thank you! Also found out how to clear the LuciaCache:

Clear_Lucia_Cache

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.