Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pade
Advocate III
Advocate III

Low utilization of GPU

Please not, this is not about the Vertipaq engines utilization of the GPU, this is about the Power BI Desktop application (whenever the cube is not calculating) utilization of the GPU.

The reason for looking into this is that I have experienced that my very same PC, over time are having more and more dificulties to run the PBI Desktop application smoothly. I did some quick observations using the task manager, looking at the GPU/CPU usage by PBI Desktop compared to other apps like PowerPoint, Edge, etc. It was obvious that whenever re-sizing the applications windows size, PBI Desktop hardly utilizes the GPU at all (maybe 0.1%) while the other applications utilizes the GPU to almost 20%. An the other hand when observing the CPU while re-sizing the window, PBI Desktop utilizes the CPU to about 20%. Yes the other applications also utilized the CPU to almost 20% while re-sizing, but I still got the impression that PBI Desktop should better try to utilize the GPU a bit more.

Anyone else experince that PBI Desktop nowadays feels a bit less responsive than before, and/or anyone having any thoughts if the low GPU usage is normal for an application or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pade ,

Please give feedback here.  Hope Power BI will be better.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pade ,

Please give feedback here.  Hope Power BI will be better.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.