Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

airwolf39
Helper V
Helper V

Losing formatting when recovering file

Hi Folks,

Power BI is freezing on me at least once a day. When i go to recover, i lose all formating 90% of the time. And the colors always look like the below when this happens. This is very frustrating because i am forced to start over at my last save. I have a saved theme that i use, but it doesnt work now. Not even the default themes work. Any advice? 

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @airwolf39 ,

Sorry to hear this news. Perhaps it is related to the version configuration.

May wish to reinstall Desktop according to the configuration requirements provided by the official document, and then save after the operation to see if it can solve the problem.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1613381949937.png

Here is the document link:Get Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here are my laptop specs:

Capture.PNG

Hi @airwolf39 ,

Maybe your PowerBI version is too low. Re-downloading and installing from the official website may solve the problem.

link:

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My version was updated as of Dec 2020. I will update it to the latest version and see how that goes. Thanks.

Hi @airwolf39 ,

Hope this solution may help you solve the problem.😀

Let me know immediately and looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@airwolf39 , Very sorry to hear that. But Keep on saving your file frequently. In recovered file, you might loose some work. Also make sure that browsers are not taking too much of space while you are using power bi, both might be running short on resources.

The worst part is it sometimes freezes when i try to save. So i get worried every time i manually save.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.