Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GrahamKnowles
Resolver I
Resolver I

Losing colours from visuals?

Hi

I've noticed recently that i seem to be losing customised colours from pbix files.

What i mean by this is I have a number of visuals which each have data for several people, with say data for John always coloured Red, whereas David is always coloured Green etc.

When i make changes to the file (refresh data etc) or send to a colleague, some but not all of these colours change (i.e. David stays Green, but John changes to Blue, or all colours in a certain visual revert to standard)

I'm guessing this only affects the desktop client as have never seen this once published to the web service.

My question is has anyone else experienced this, and if so is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@GrahamKnowles It would be weird if you're saying that you save your pbix file without refreshing data and send it to your colleague and it changes colours. I have not seen that before. Pbix file I've shared with others have always stayed same. 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes I have experienced this - very annoying!

You spend the time to assign custom colors and then next time you open they randomly swtich - on stacked bars, on map legends...

Same exact visualization on 1 Page retains the colors on the other completely random...

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Colors-are-not-saved/m-p/8191/highlight/true#M1295

Truth be told used to happen more often couple months ago! I don't seem to notice it anymore...

Are you on the latest Version - March 2016?

Yes, on the latest vesion.

I've not noticied this before, so quite baffled by it really

Hi GrahamKnowles,

Could you please verify that if your colleague use the same version of Power BI Desktop as yours?

Also which type of visualization do you create in Power BI Desktop. We will appreciate it if you share us the pbix file, I will check that if I can reproduce this issue using your pbix file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.