cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dazzathedrummer
Regular Visitor

Loosing formatting between desktop and web

Hi,

I've just started using PowerBI - I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and so far it all seems good apart from one problem...

I'm using desktop to connect to SQL and i'm writing specific views that provide specific chucks of data for specific reports.

I'd like to be able to upload the reports/dashboards to the web app and share them with other members of staff but I'm finding that all of my numbers loose their formatting in the web app.

For example; I have a report that contains (among other things) a card with a turnover number on it. In the desktop app this number is automatically shown as £718.2K but when I upload the report to the web app it shows as £718.01831000000......

This is the same for all numbers shown.

How can I get the web app to show numbers in the same format as the desktop app??

Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator WillT

Re: Loosing formatting between desktop and web

Hi! This was a bug that we've been tracking and should be fixed now. Please let us know if you still see it!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator WillT

Hi! This was a bug that we've been tracking and should be fixed now. Please let us know if you still see it!

View solution in original post

Spotto
Regular Visitor

My version is 13 and continues with this bug any tips ?

erro.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors