Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pkoel-asb
Helper V
Helper V

Loosing filter when I click out of visualization

Hello,

I have a pie-chart visualization, that displays the total sales for each sales rep. Below the pie chart, I have a table visualization that lists the customer names for the entire company. When I select a specific sales rep from the pie chart, the table changes and displays the customers for the chosen rep. When I click on the name of a customer, the pie chart wedge (for the chosen sales rep) and the hole chart goes grey; The table listing all of the customers also goes grey and reverts back to displaying all of the customers for the entire company. I seem to be loosing filters when I click off of visualizations. Can you explain why?

Sincerely,

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

I believe when you select the sales rep from the pie chart you filter all other visuals after what you selected on the pie chart. If you then select something from the table it will change so the visuals are filtered after what you selected in the table thereby losing the selection you made on the pie chart. You could see it like the single selection option that slicers have.

Holding down ctrl while selecting should allow you to keep the previous selection you've made.

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. When I click off the visualization, how can I retain the filter?

Sincerely,

Peter

The best way i can think of right now would be as i mentioned. Pressing and holding down left ctrl while selecting the values from the pie chart and table

Hi,

I changed the interactions between the visualizations so that when I click on the table, it should not change the pie chart; yet it still does. without holding the CTRL key, what is another way to retain that fileter?

Peter

Any other ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.