Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loop in R Script

Hi,

I need help with a code for R script. I need to use Arima. 

I have 3 years of sales data on month level, for X number of store and Y number of categories. 

I need to create a forecast per store, per category for the next 3 months (on month level), and I need the data to be written to a table so that I can make measures using this data. 

I can get it to run for one store, one category, but I need R to somehow do a loop, so that I get the forecast for each store and each category. So, when finished with the first category for Store 1, I need it to do the same for category 2 - Store 1. When it is done with all categories for Store 1, it needs to move on to store 2 and do the same for all categories.

Example of data:

Month

Store Name

Category

Store 1

Category 1

01-2017

Store 1

Category 1

01-2016

Store 1

Category 1

Store 1

Category 2

01-2017

Store 1

Category 2

01-2016

Store 1

Category 2

Store 2

Category 1

01-2017

Store 2

Category 1

01-2016

Store 2

Category 1

Thank you in Advance. 

/Kristina 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to say that it is R Script in Power BI I want to use, but yes maybe I can try and ask there.

Thank you, 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Due to this community is for Power BI, I suggest you recreate this topic in R community:

https://community.rstudio.com/

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to say that it is R Script in Power BI I want to use, but yes maybe I can try and ask there.

Thank you, 

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please mark one reply as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.