Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lookupvalue

I am trying to get the locationame from another table by using lookupvalue.

Test3 = LOOKUPVALUE(ProductieLocatie[ProductieLocatie Naam];ProductieLocatie[BK_DYN_ProductieLocatieid];NormAfwijkingsTaken[DYN_ProductielocatieID])

based on the id, but i can't seem to get it to work. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. If not, please share more details for us so that we could help further on it.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I assume the following: you try to create a calculated column as LOOKUPVALUE will not work inside a measure, at lease I never tried to.

But then, what is exactly your problem? Do you get an error, or "just" wrong results. If you get an error, it's most probable, that the function is not able to determine a distinct value.

Maybe this site might help:

https://dax.guide/lookupvalue/

If my assumptions are wrong and your issue are not covered from my suggestions, please elaborate more on your issue and you might also consider to create a pbix with some sample data, upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.