Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsbin
Super User
Super User

LookupValue or Related to Determine Local Time

Good Afternoon,

I am working in an SSAS model with several DIM Tables and a FACT Table.  The Time field in my FACT table is in UTC.  I need to convert it the Local time for Facilities across the country.

FacilityIDTime UTC
3817:44
1816:39
410:18
288:34
305:35

rsbin_2-1631821224756.png

My FacilityTime table looks like this.

FacilityIDDayLightFlagUTC Difference
380-6
381-5
180-7
181-6
40-8
41-7
280-6
301-5

I can determine DaylightTimeFl ( 0 or 1 ) from my DIM Date table as there is a relationship between DIM Date and FACT tables.

Ultimately, I need to determine the "UTC Difference" which is dependent on the Facility ID and whether we are in Daylight Time or StandardTime

As always, any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @lbendlin,

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to pass along the link.   I did review that prior to posting, but it is not applicable to my situation.  Power Query is not applicable to this model. 

But I eventually figured out a solution by creating a Lookup Column and using a LookupValue formula.  Might not be the cleanest solution, but at least it works.

Do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hello @lbendlin,

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to pass along the link.   I did review that prior to posting, but it is not applicable to my situation.  Power Query is not applicable to this model. 

But I eventually figured out a solution by creating a Lookup Column and using a LookupValue formula.  Might not be the cleanest solution, but at least it works.

Do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.