Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToddMate
Helper II
Helper II

Lookup value and date range from a Related Table

Hi,

I have a look up table that shows Items, a From and To date along with a price. This table will have the same Item name muliple times with From and To dates ending and starting after each other. (Never overlapping).

I then have a data table that has the item name (fish) and a date of purchase. 

The outcome i am after is to return the price that was correct as at the time of purchase. An example (in excel) is shown below.

Because the item Name occurs multiple times in the Lookup table and in the Data table i can't build a relationship that works. 

Any help would be appreciate (The values in green is what i am hoping to return)

Capture.JPG

Cheers Todd. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ToddMate , A new column

New column in table 2 =
maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[Item Name] = table2[Item Name] && Table2[Date Purchase] >= Table1[from] && Table2[Date Purchase] <= Table1[to] ) Table1[Price])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ToddMate , A new column

New column in table 2 =
maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[Item Name] = table2[Item Name] && Table2[Date Purchase] >= Table1[from] && Table2[Date Purchase] <= Table1[to] ) Table1[Price])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.