Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

birdie29
Helper II
Helper II

Lookup the date from another table

Hello

I have a table with Budget transactions called 'Budget' and I would like a column within the table to say 'Yes' if the budget transaction date is after the 'Latest Reporting Date', which is in the 'Time' table.

Once I can identify the budget transactions that occur after the latest reporting date I plan to create a measure that adds the actual values (From the 'Actual' table) up to latest reporting date to the remaining budget values, which will give me a full year view.

Am I going about this in the best way or am I missing a trick?

Any advice would be greatly received 🙂

Thank you

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @birdie29,

Lookupvalue returns the value in result_columnName for the row that meets all criteria specified by search_columnName and search_value.
LOOKUPVALUE( <result_columnName>, <search_columnName>, <search_value>[, <search_columnName>, <search_value>]…) 

Please provid us the details table structure of your tables and some sample data of them, so that we can make furhter analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @birdie29,

Lookupvalue returns the value in result_columnName for the row that meets all criteria specified by search_columnName and search_value.
LOOKUPVALUE( <result_columnName>, <search_columnName>, <search_value>[, <search_columnName>, <search_value>]…) 

Please provid us the details table structure of your tables and some sample data of them, so that we can make furhter analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @v-caliao-msft

Thank you for your quick reply! I had a complete memory block, apoliges I should have known this.

Thank you

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.