Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rogerh
Helper II
Helper II

Lookup another table with Multiple Values, if one value is correct report back

Good morning all,

I need some help please! I have two tables, Orders and Product Builder; The order table has a single line for each order. The Product table is the order broken down by each line item. Showing the items, supplier est. These are linked by the Order ID. The Product Table has the order ID multipul times if there are multipul items on the order.

From the Order table, I want to use the Order ID to look at the Product Table, check the supplier IDs and if one of them is 987 I want to report back on the orders table "Yes" or something simular under "delivery charge". 

Example

Order Table

Order ID    Delivery Charge?

123            I want this to say "Yes" as 987 is one of the suppliers

124            I want this to say "No" as 987 is not one of the suppliers

125            I want this to say "Yes" as 987 is one of the suppliers

Product Builder

Order ID   Supplier

123           987

123           897

124           789

124           788

125           987

125           987

I have tried this with a lookup but it will not work as i am looking up multipul values. Is there another way around this anyone can help with please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rogerh ,

I think you missed my last response. Try using following dax:

Try something like this:
Delivery Charge = Var lookup = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('Platform - Pro Builder'[supplier_id], 1), FILTER(ALL('Platform - Pro Builder')'Platform - Pro Builder'[order_id] = 'Platform - Orders'[order_id]))
Var checkVal = 987
RETURN
IF( lookup = checkVal, "YES", "NO")

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Rogerh , Create a new column

if(isblank(countx(filter(Table,[Order ID] =earlier([Order ID ]) && [Supplier] =987),[Supplier])),"No","Yes")

Hi @amitchandak 

Thank you for your reply, i have tried your code but I can not get it to work.

Where you reference the table below (after filter), is that the order table or the product? Could you also confirm which table each of the order_ids come from? Thanks

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rogerh ,

I am assuming that both your tables are having a relationship on "ORDER ID" column.

You can try something as below:

NewDeliveryCol =

Var lookup = CALCULATE(VALUES('Product Builder'[Supplier]), FILTER(Product Builder, Product Builder[Order ID] = Order Table[Order ID]))

Var checkVal = 987

RETURN

I haven't checked the syntax of above DAX, so let me know what output it gives and if there are any errors then what errors.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 

Thank you for your reply, I have tried the below but I get an error: A Table of multipule Values was supplier where a single value was exspected. Do you know how i can get around this please?

I updated your code to the below:

Delivery Charge = Var lookup = CALCULATE(VALUES('Platform - Pro Builder'[supplier_id]), FILTER('Platform - Pro Builder', 'Platform - Pro Builder'[order_id] = 'Platform - Orders'[order_id]))
Var checkVal = 987
RETURN

Thanks

Hi @Rogerh ,

Try modifying the dax as follows:

Delivery Charge = Var lookup = LOOKUPVALUE('Platform - Pro Builder'[supplier_id], 'Platform - Pro Builder'[order_id], 'Platform - Orders'[order_id])
Var checkVal = 987
RETURN

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 

Thanks again but i am getting the same error - A Table of Multiple Values was supplierd where a single value was exspected.

I think this is due to the Pro Builder Table having the Order_ID multipul times.  Is there another way around you can think of please? Cheers

Hi @Rogerh ,

Try something like this:
Delivery Charge = Var lookup = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('Platform - Pro Builder'[supplier_id], 1), FILTER(ALL('Platform - Pro Builder')'Platform - Pro Builder'[order_id] = 'Platform - Orders'[order_id]))
Var checkVal = 987
RETURN

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 

Thank you! Will this work?

Platform - Orders  Column We are working on
Order_ID  Delivery Charge
123  Yes
124  Yes
125  No

Platform - Pro Builder  
Pro_Builder_IDOrder_IDSupplier_ID

Hi @Rogerh ,

I think you missed my last response. Try using following dax:

Try something like this:
Var checkVal = 987
RETURN

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@Pragati11  That worked 🙂 thank you very much for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.