Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lookup Max Value from another table while keeping Report Filter

Hello!

I am trying to look up the maximum "utilization category" in Table 1 for each "item" and bring it into Table 2 as a calculated column to use as a slicer. The challenge I am running into is that the report will have a Year slicer and I need to specifically pull in the maximum Utilization Category within the filtered year range.

Table 1 is structured as below:

ItemYearUtilization Category

Table 2 is structured as below. I have left out unnecessary columns, but know that the Item column may have duplicate item numbers.

Item

For example, if the Year is filtered from 2018-2019, the resulting column in  Table 2 would be:

ItemMax Utilization Category

If the filter was from 2019-2020, the resulting table would be

ItemMax Utilization Category

Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
You may create the following column in table 2, but there is not enough details in table 2, the unnecessary columns are important when you create the relationship between the two tables. Please add more to the table 2 sample. You should have a year column since you want to filter by year.

V-pazhen-msft_0-1619073630139.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
You may create the following column in table 2, but there is not enough details in table 2, the unnecessary columns are important when you create the relationship between the two tables. Please add more to the table 2 sample. You should have a year column since you want to filter by year.

V-pazhen-msft_0-1619073630139.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , how table 1 and table 2 are connected ??

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.