cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abeinke2018 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lookup Max Value between date/time for each day

Hi, this has been extremely frustrating as I am simply trying to return the last value for each day 

I have a dynamic calendar which Im trying to return the value to

I can do a max lookup but only returns the first value for the NEXT day (Not the last value for the current day) if i could put 0.9 there instead of 1, then I could get this to work

A better formula would be apreciated though

Thankyou

Diesel Balance (L) = (LOOKUPVALUE(Balances[Diesel],Balances[TimeStamp],(MAX(Balances[TimeStamp]))+1))

1320.jpgI want to return the value in yellow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Lookup Max Value between date/time for each day

hi,@abeinke2018

That formula is to create a column and if you want to create a measure, you can try to use this formula:

Measure = LOOKUPVALUE(Balances[Diesel],Balances[TimeStamp],CALCULATE(MAX(Balances[TimeStamp]),ALLEXCEPT(Balances,Balances[Date])))

Result:

13.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi,@abeinke2018

After my research, you can use this formula:

Diesel Balance (L) = (LOOKUPVALUE(Balances[Diesel],Balances[TimeStamp],CALCULATE(MAX(Balances[TimeStamp]),FILTER(Balances,Balances[Date]=EARLIER(Balances[Date])))))

Result:

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lin, this looks great, the only problem is the last part of the formula ... EARLIER(Balances[Date] returns an error as per below

1324.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hi,@abeinke2018

That formula is to create a column and if you want to create a measure, you can try to use this formula:

Measure = LOOKUPVALUE(Balances[Diesel],Balances[TimeStamp],CALCULATE(MAX(Balances[TimeStamp]),ALLEXCEPT(Balances,Balances[Date])))

Result:

13.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Frequent Visitor

Thankyou for this, it worked well