Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KevinGaff
Frequent Visitor

Looking to get calculation for a Mean Time to Resolve incidents

HI looking to get a column which will show in hours and minutes  where it includes business days only. My 2 columns of data are Created Time which is in this format 1/3/2018 2:01:00 PM and column Completed time 1/8/2018 2:25:00 PM the mttr is 24 min for this example but i cannot seem to get the new mttr column to show the individual mttr per row. Any help most welcome

6 REPLIES 6
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Was 1/3 & 1/8 Typos, or should your result time include the total minutes in business hours (counting 8 hours  a day or 24?) for the 3 days before the ticket was closed?

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

HI Sorry yes well spotted so the data example is below. The MTTR formula i have excludes non bus hours and non working days

Created TimeCompleted TimeMTTR
02/01/2018 20:1708/01/2018 19:2436:00

=(NETWORKDAYS(U2,V2)-1)*("17:00"-"8:00")+IF(NETWORKDAYS(V2,V2),MEDIAN(MOD(V2,1),"17:00","8:00"),"17:00")-MEDIAN(NETWORKDAYS(U2,U2)*MOD(U2,1),"17:00","8:00")

@KevinGaff,

Please check the method in the following video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLIoDbOiJgw

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI i am still struggling to get this to work. My MTTR data that i am importing has a column B1 called Created Time and a column J1 that is called Resolved Time. The data is from row 2. I am looking how i can get a MTTR column added to do a network days type calculation in hours and mins. My Excel file has a network days formula in a column called Working days to resolve

=(NETWORKDAYS(B2,J2)-1)*("17:00"-"8:00")+IF(NETWORKDAYS(J2,J2),MEDIAN(MOD(J2,1),"17:00","8:00"),"17:00")-MEDIAN(NETWORKDAYS(B2,B2)*MOD(B2,1),"17:00","8:00")

I managed to get the start and end parameters added. What else do i need to do?

@KevinGaff,

You also need to create the fWH function shown in the video using M scripts in this similar thread, create a holiday table in Power BI Desktop, then invoke the fWH function to calculate working hours in your original table, which is described in the above video.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Okay Thanks i'll need to look at how to create this formula function

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.