Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cthurston
Advocate II
Advocate II

Looking to add a time based calculation

A.PNG

Hello I am trying to show a lead funnel within a matrix.  All fields except for date are measures.  Quote goal is a measure based of win goal, but it takes about 2 months for a quote to turn into a win.  So I need the quote goals to align back 2 months.  Any suggestions on how ot do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cthurston

If [Measure] values does not equal to the return scalar value of CALCULATE ( [Mesure], DATEADD ( Table[Date], 0, MONTH ) ) then  most likely the issue is with date table . DATEADD only works with contiguous selection of dates.

To test this: 

1) You can create a new table and run just one dax function CALENDARAUTO() this will create a new date table with one field of consecutive dates .  

2) Create new relationship between newly created date table and your sales (fact) table

3) Use this table as your first argument "Table[Date]" in DATEADD. 

If DATEADD starts to then you need to tweak your original date dimension.

Thanks, Nick

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The general format for calculateing measures in different time period is to use DATEADD see below for an example to calculate a rest one month in the past

Measure Last Month = CALCULATE([Measure],DATEADD(DateTable[Date],-1,Month))

Hello Thomas I am not getting the desired result.  Am I correct in thinking at 0 the value should be the same value?  I'm getting a bunch of 0s and a few innacurrate numbers.

@cthurston

The value will not be the same at 0.  If you want that,  you will have to add it with conditional logic  -  if statements , etc..

N -

So maybe I'm confused as to what the dateAdd statement does.  Since CALCULATE([Mesure],DATEADD(Table[Date],0,MONTH) dosen't just give me the [Measure] value what is it doing?

Hi @cthurston

If [Measure] values does not equal to the return scalar value of CALCULATE ( [Mesure], DATEADD ( Table[Date], 0, MONTH ) ) then  most likely the issue is with date table . DATEADD only works with contiguous selection of dates.

To test this: 

1) You can create a new table and run just one dax function CALENDARAUTO() this will create a new date table with one field of consecutive dates .  

2) Create new relationship between newly created date table and your sales (fact) table

3) Use this table as your first argument "Table[Date]" in DATEADD. 

If DATEADD starts to then you need to tweak your original date dimension.

Thanks, Nick

Perfect this worked thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.