cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uahmed90 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Looking for some direction for a complaints database report

Hi,

I have a consumer complaints database from which I need to create a report. I don't have any specific directions as to how to display the data, its more on me how I can best visualize this data. My issue is that all the columns are text-based, except for 3. 2 are date columns and 1 a complaint ID. I have nothing else. Below is a brief description of the data:

There are about 20 columns, i have: company, issue, product, date received, date sent to company, submitted via, consumer complaint response, state, zip, and a few similar others. 

Because its mostly text-data, its hard to get counts on certain columns, for example, its difficult to get a count on how many issues have been resolved or how many were open in the past 7 days. Theres no data that I can aggregate. 

I just need some direction as to how I can best visualize this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
AClerk New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Looking for some direction for a complaints database report

Hi,

You can format the columns with the relevant data type.

Modeling tab --> Data type

For example, below 2 columns are formated as text. But it is easy to change to date and number accordingly.

2019-02-19 15_11_01-papercut - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 210 members 2,237 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: