Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for some direction for a complaints database report

Hi,

I have a consumer complaints database from which I need to create a report. I don't have any specific directions as to how to display the data, its more on me how I can best visualize this data. My issue is that all the columns are text-based, except for 3. 2 are date columns and 1 a complaint ID. I have nothing else. Below is a brief description of the data:

There are about 20 columns, i have: company, issue, product, date received, date sent to company, submitted via, consumer complaint response, state, zip, and a few similar others. 

Because its mostly text-data, its hard to get counts on certain columns, for example, its difficult to get a count on how many issues have been resolved or how many were open in the past 7 days. Theres no data that I can aggregate. 

I just need some direction as to how I can best visualize this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can format the columns with the relevant data type.

Modeling tab --> Data type

For example, below 2 columns are formated as text. But it is easy to change to date and number accordingly.

2019-02-19 15_11_01-papercut - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.