Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a Visual

Hi all,

Looking for a simple visual to add to a dashboard. Basically a picture (that the user can choose from wherever), a title and a card. We have developed our own, but would appreciate knowing if it's possible to either find a visual that's available or develop our own (I'm not really a coder but if it's easy enough I might be able to have a shot at it).

What we are using across a range of dashboards is like this:

Widget.JPG

It would be good if we could just choose a picture (either from the web or from our Marketing folder), choose the items in the card and add a title. Currently, reformatting them when a client would like an extra piece of info is quite laborious to re-size perhaps 10 of the same trio and then ensure they all line up.

Thanks in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Huh, seems like the stock multi-card visual or even a table visual with a bit of formatting to remove the lines. I mean, you Data Category an image url as an image url and it shows up as an image in a table.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of the measures are from different tables (we have an application status table and an application funding table, for instance). Would this work for multi cards?

@Anonymous Not 100% regarding multi-card but almost certainly a table. That's just a measure with a SWITCH statement where you figure out what "row" you are in and return teh right measure. Might be similar to multi-card, should be, but specifics of your situation are lacking.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, trying not to display confidential information. We have a program running with the following dashboard (numbers blanked out):

Dashboard.JPG

Some of the numbers are just a stratigh row count, some are calculations (e.g. $ requested as a percentage of budget allocated) and not all are even stored in a table. So it's not like we're listing something from the same table by category.

I was just looking for a visual that's like a card, but with a picture, a display and a title:

Thinger.JPG

Haven't been able to find anything. If I were to have a visual with these three elements and be able to modify them, yet have the same format across them, I'd be happy. We basically have an image file, a standard card and a text box, that we have duplicated 14 times on a dashboard, and spent 3 hours re-sizing everything last week when the client requested a change from 12 measures to 14. Would be great if we could have just re-sized 12 visuals and added 2 more. Hoping to make this our standard dashboard, but it's a pain to get the visuals changed and re-positioned for different client needs,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.