Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

boot_heel
Frequent Visitor

Look-up values based on earliest date

This has got me scratching my head, and as much as I see many earliest date type solutions, I'm not able to apply any of them to my situation.

Here is the link to an image of my sample dataset on imgur (I can't figure out how to upload photos!?): https://imgur.com/rcTCrjA

I have two tables

1. Table of SKUs for item movements into inventory including the date the item is posted to inventory, the net amount of the item(s) with that SKU and the Site ID they were purchased for
  2. Table of Site IDs that includes the multiple Plan Types and related Construction Start Dates

I can link the two tables by Site ID, however, I need to see SKUs by which Plan Type they are intended for. I want to select the plan type at the site where the construction start date is the next earliest date after the posting date of the SKU as I'm fairly confident this will give me a roughly accurate estimate. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @boot_heel ,

You can create column Plan Type_matched to meet your demand.

Plan Type_matched= MAXX(TOPN(1,FILTER(Table2,Table2[Site ID]=Table1[Site ID]&& Table2[Cons.Start Date]>=Table1[Posting Date]),Table2[Cons.Start Date],DESC),Table2[Plan Type])

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @boot_heel ,

You can create column Plan Type_matched to meet your demand.

Plan Type_matched= MAXX(TOPN(1,FILTER(Table2,Table2[Site ID]=Table1[Site ID]&& Table2[Cons.Start Date]>=Table1[Posting Date]),Table2[Cons.Start Date],DESC),Table2[Plan Type])

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

There need not be a relationship between the 2 Tables.  Write this calculated column formula in Table1

=LOOKUPVALUE(VALUES(Table2[Plan Type]),Table2[Cons. Start Date],CALCULATE(MIN(Table2[Cons. Start Date]),FILTER(Table2,Table2[Site ID]=EARLIER(Table1[Site ID])&&Table2[Cons. Start Date]>EARLIER(Table1[Posting Date]))),Table2[Site ID],Table1[Site ID])

If you face a problem with my formula, then share the link from where i can download your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors