Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look up a result from a measure in another table

Hi all, 

I have 2 data tables as follows:

Table 1:

Pvan94_0-1624098660101.png

The 'Min Price (Measure)' is a measure as follows. I used that to get the min price grouped by Goods type and Vendor. (Please help correct if I'm wrong) 

Min Price (Measure) = 
CALCULATE(
MIN('Table'[Price]),
FILTER(
ALLSELECTED('Table'),
'Table'[Goods type]=MAX('Table'[Goods type]) &&
'Table'[Vendor] = MAX('Table'[Vendor])))

I then have another Table 2 as below. I need to create another measure that return the min price group by 'Goods Type' and 'Vendor' that I found out through the 'Min price (Measure)' in Table 1. 

Pvan94_2-1624099016738.png

The results would look something like this:

Pvan94_3-1624099283909.png

I couldn't use LOOKUPVALUE since 'Min Price (Measure)' is a measure, please help suggest other methods.

Also, I need to keep the 'Min price' in Table 1 as a measure and not a column because I would later put a slicer on 'Price' and thus the results of 'Min price' need to be dynamic.

Great thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous easier is to add a key in both columns by concatenating group type and vendor and set the relationship on it and then it should be work without doing any lookup. 

See attached, tweak it as you see fit.

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous easier is to add a key in both columns by concatenating group type and vendor and set the relationship on it and then it should be work without doing any lookup. 

See attached, tweak it as you see fit.

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Parry, many thanks! It works great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.