Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vmkumar1
Frequent Visitor

Look for updated value in new Table

Hi All,

I’m very new to Power BI, so please forgive the basic questions.Thanks.

Team,

I have Month1 data, where the satge of different deals is different level.  I have Month2 Data where the entries of Month1 will be present but with a different Stage Level. 

I al working on a logic to figure out the entries in Month1 with any stage , but their stage in Month2 is Deal Won/

For Eg:

ID1  is Final Stage in Month1 but it is Deal Won in Month 2.

May-18
IDForecast CategoryStage
A1ForecastFinal Stage
A2ForecastInitial Stage
A3Not ForecatResolutions Of Concers
A4Not ForecastFinal Stage

Jun-18
IDForecast CategoryStage
A1ForecastDeal Won
A2ForecastInitial Stage
A3Not ForecatDeal Won
A4Not ForecastFinal Stage
A5ForecastDeal WOn
A6ForecastInitial Stage
A7Not ForecatDeal Won
A8Not ForecastFinal Stage

In the Above Sample file- My result Output Will be A1 and A3. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vmkumar1,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Create relationship between the two tables:

1.PNG

Create below calculated tables:

Table = CALCULATETABLE('Jun-18',FILTER('Jun-18','Jun-18'[Stage]="Deal Won"&&'Jun-18'[ID]=RELATED('May-18'[ID])))

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vmkumar1,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Create relationship between the two tables:

1.PNG

Create below calculated tables:

Table = CALCULATETABLE('Jun-18',FILTER('Jun-18','Jun-18'[Stage]="Deal Won"&&'Jun-18'[ID]=RELATED('May-18'[ID])))

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@vmkumar1 isn't it a5 and a7 will also be the output. How you define month1? Is use going to pick a month from a slier and then use that as month1?

does month2 is always the following month? Lets say month 1 is May 2018 and deal won happens in August 2018, which is month4 after may 2018, what happens in that case?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Dear Parry,

I can export the data by Fiscal month. The data in each month is carry forwarded. The two ID's in May (A1,A3) changed their stage to Deal Won and I am interested in only these entries, i.e Entries that have changed their stage status from Final to Deal won.

Here in May A1 and A3 changed in June, Similar Way A6 and A8 might have changed in July.

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for Taking time in helping me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.