Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eniX
Helper III
Helper III

Login on start

Hi,

I have just installed the March update and I still have the issue, that I have to log in every single time on start up. PBI Desktop seems not to save my credentials. Any clue on how to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
eniX
Helper III
Helper III

@v-shex-msft,

I have version 2.56.5023.861 64-bit (March 2018) as I wrote in

@eniXwrote:

Hi,

I have just installed the March update and I still have the issue, that I have to log in every single time on start up. PBI Desktop seems not to save my credentials. Any clue on how to fix it?

Hi @eniX,

I still can't reproduce your issue, have you test in other device or network? Does same issue appears?
In addition, you can also use fiddler to trace you login operations and submit a support ticket with these traced session to power bi team to get further support.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @eniX,

What log in credentials you mentioned? Power bi account or datasource credentials? (These scenario not appears on my side)

Can you confirm if your device contains any rule/setting to control write permission? Any restore feature enabled?

It will be help if you share more detail contents about your scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

so sorry for the late response. I was talking about the PBI account, not data source credentials. 

I'm not quite sure what you mean with rules/settings to control my write permission and what restore features you was talking about.

I'm having the same issue on my work PC as well as on my home PC - where I definitely have all the permissions and no strange network administrator rules...

HI @eniX,

Actually, it seems like a known issue(fixed in mar 2018), have you test with last version of power bi?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.