Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jenn2018

Locking conflict error message when trying to import data from Analysis Services Conector

Hi, hoping someone can possibly assist with an error message I keep seeing in Power BI.

I am trying to import data from a BI Cube and whilst I can successfully see the fields load up in the preview window, when I click on load or apply changes I keep seeing an error message about locking conflicts. It doesn't seem to matter if I am trying to apply updates to a report I am in the middle of working on or if I start from scratch, I keep seeing this error message and am at a loss what the issue is. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
th3h0bb5
Resolver II
Resolver II

This is usually an issue on the database side, often caused by long-running queries. If your query takes too many resources, it will get shut down. I'd talk with whoever runs your DB. You'll also find lots of solution-specific fixes (is "Troubleshooting Locking Conflicts in SSIS", or "Locking Conflicts in SQL Server 2017", etc.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.