Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edubcardoso
Advocate I
Advocate I

Lock the slicer options

Hey, I have a slicer that is based in a calculated column that I use to filter some tables. That column "Equal" only have 2 options, Yes and No. In some months only appears one option, but i want to appear always Yes and No in the slicer. 

It is possible to do this ?

In May,

edubcardoso_0-1656321950522.png

In April,

edubcardoso_1-1656321995399.png

edubcardoso_2-1656322455050.png

The table i used to build the example.

Sorry for my English !

Thanks for any help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @edubcardoso 

You can create a table using Enter data and map that table with the one which has email column.

And use the Email column from new table , that way u'll always see yes and No.

View solution in original post

Hi @edubcardoso , 

Since in the data for April, you have only "YES" value it is showing one thing in the slicer. If you want to show both "YES" and "No" then you can follow the below steps:
1- create a new table using enter data:(screenshot -> click on enter data -> enter values-> load):

truptis_1-1656326962913.png

and then click on load.

Step 2:
make a relationship between this new table & "Equal" column:(screenshot) Modelling -> Manage Relationship 

truptis_2-1656327107274.png

make relationship between Equal column and the new column that is coming from the new table that we created
Step 3: take value in the slicer from the new table.

@edubcardoso -> Please hit the thumbs up and mark it as a solution if this helps you. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @edubcardoso 

You can create a table using Enter data and map that table with the one which has email column.

And use the Email column from new table , that way u'll always see yes and No.

I'm sorry, but it didn't get it.

What do you mean by "email column" ?

Hi @edubcardoso , 

Since in the data for April, you have only "YES" value it is showing one thing in the slicer. If you want to show both "YES" and "No" then you can follow the below steps:
1- create a new table using enter data:(screenshot -> click on enter data -> enter values-> load):

truptis_1-1656326962913.png

and then click on load.

Step 2:
make a relationship between this new table & "Equal" column:(screenshot) Modelling -> Manage Relationship 

truptis_2-1656327107274.png

make relationship between Equal column and the new column that is coming from the new table that we created
Step 3: take value in the slicer from the new table.

@edubcardoso -> Please hit the thumbs up and mark it as a solution if this helps you. Thanks.

It worked!!

Thanks truptis 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.